Thursday, September 2, 2010

Introduction


Hello! I am originally from a family of five in a small village, Korotogo, of Sigatoka, Fiji. When I was in my final year of school I realized that accessing tertiary education will be harder for me due to the lack of support services in Fiji so I decided to pursue a course at Unitec New Zealand–Certificate in Information Technology (Computing). I believe communication is the vital part of the Deaf people's lives. The course appealed to me because it allowed me to study different technologies where Deaf people could apply in their daily lives in order to have an effective communication. I’d always wanted to go to New Zealand, and the idea of studying in another country sounded really helped me a lot not only by socializing with Deaf Community and learning their culture but preparing myself well by becoming a member of Unitec Community. Right now, I am beginning my first semester here at Gallaudet University.The one thing you need to know about me. I LOVE GALLAUDET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment