Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Circuit by Francisco Jimenez


The story is about the struggles the author has faced in his life during his childhood. He is originally from Mexico and his family has migrated to live in America for employment. He liked the work and became used onto which his dad and brother were doing at a farm.

I see that they were doing that for financial needs. In the olden day times, many people were struggling to live toughly; therefore they needed to move to United States from Mexico to work there for money. During the strawberry and cotton season, the author was upset because he was unable to go for his education. But when the season was over, he enrolled in a school where he learned a lot although English was not his second language. He was very happy that his teacher helped him a lot. In the end, he was sad that his family was moving back to Mexico again after the harvesting season was over.

The point is that he is great in need of education. His parents didn’t know the importance of the education for their children.

In my experience, my teachers wanted to make sure I was satisfied with my education. My teachers used to be there for me when I needed help. Now, I see that I am here at university level. That is because of continuous supports from my friends, teachers, relatives and families. Education is a human right for everyone. Parents who want to use the children to work for them are encouraged to send them to school vitally and can work when they have free time.

When I came to United States from Fiji, I was surprised that the university I am planning to study in has so many opportunities for the students such as drama, sports, filming productions, dance. Many students became expert and leaders from these different categories. I feel like I am not very limited to these opportunities unlike Fiji.

Most of the Fiji students are unaffordable to pay school fees; therefore they stay and work in their village farms so that they earn some money for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment