Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Gift of Laughter by Allan Sherman


This story is fantastic! I love the story because I understood the story clearly. The author explained what his experiences were alike during his childhood. He wanted to link his same story from his son, Robbie’s current experience. I learnt a lot from this story. This is special for the parents of productive children because it teaches them how to have patience for his children. Most parents are very tired of the children, talking unnecessarily and the children don’t understand their parents’ reaction.

The author wanted to share a gift of laughter because he wanted the kids to learn what things it is right or wrong to do. He wanted to give a piece of advice and a bit of his experience to his kids relating to the silly things he did in a long time ago like in the story Allan shared the funny story with his son, Robbie. Parents may be careful and aware of talking to each other while the children are watching because mature talking could influence the kid. This is the piece of the advice I would like to share with those parents who have kids for e.g. in the story Allan listened to his grandma’s conversation and then he brought a football into the house instead of a fruit bowl.

In my experience, my parents were always happy with me because I was doing something wisely like painting pictures and writing on the papers. Sometime when I cried, my mom brought something I made in my spare time and showed it to me. She said she was impressed with my artwork. Her delighted face with a flashing smile made me stopping crying and be happy. When my mum hugged me tightly, I could stop crying. She asked me if I wanted to go out for a swim or ice- cream. I used to ask her why she was admired with my artwork.

I believe the parents should appreciate the things what the children do with or show them their artwork. That will help the children to become more productive and successful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment